Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

7th & 8th graders take note!

The tournament at the Riverfront Crowne Plaza in St. Paul on March 23-24 is the official state championship for Middle School / Jr. High.

To make things simple, since I can't be there, the school is not going to be involved in payment.
Discuss with your parents if you can get the money (about $55) for the two-day event, and arrange a ride.

I'm not sure the exact time yet, but I imagine 8:00 to-5:00-ish. For more details see
www.minnesotachess.org and click on the scholastics tab.

This is REAL chess. You must notate every game. Clocks will be used for all games - I have three clocks I could loan out. Your opponent will probably have a clock or you can get one from the tournament directors I think. You will get an official USCF rating from this tournament.

I'll check on the details when I have a chance.

Registration forms can be printed from the above web site or you can pick one up from me at chess club. They must be postmarked by MARCH 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment